Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What-Chu Talkin' 'Bout, Nolan?

Oh, how I wish I knew! Nolan is at that stage where he thinks I understand everything he says, when in reality I can decipher very little of his achingly sweet toddler gibberish. Adorable as his attempts at communication are, much of what comes from his little mouth are grunts. He has a few intelligible words...mama, dada, bampa (Grandpa), ba (ball or bath), baba (bye bye), ba buck (trash truck) and bagoom (vacuum.) Rabbit trail--He's obsessed with the vacuum and we can't wait til he can use it! Fortunately, I understand his ONE baby sign. I have attempted to teach him a few others, but only one has stuck. (Sigh!) In Nolan's world clapping his hands together means "more," "please," or "again"--dependent on the context. Of course it could simply mean "Yeah!" Who really knows? Regardless of what it means, be assured that it's very very cute! He nods yes and shakes his head no and seems to understand what we say to him, but he hasn't made much progress in verbally communicating to us. One of these days it will all come spilling out and we'll be amazed.

1 comment:

AdventurerMom said...

yeah, i do gibberish still too...but mom gets it, i'm sured.
nice blog! come visit!