Saturday, March 29, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

I must be one of the most insane parents out there. Today I let my child eat practically whatever he wanted. Much of what Nolan chose was healthy, but let's be clear...today's menu will NOT be repeated anytime soon.

Breakfast: A banana waffle from Trader Joe's with a little pat of butter on it, blueberries and milk. (So far so good!)

Snack: String cheese and grapes. (Two for two!)

Lunch: Nolan and I went to Ruby's with my Mom while we were out shopping. He pretty much refuses "his food" when we're at restaurants. So...french fries, a few bites of a kobe slider, LOTS of Hawaiian bread (the bun for his slider, my slider and Grandma's slider) and part of a 50/50 shake. (We're way beyond strike 1 here, folks!)

Snack: Graham cracker and milk.

Dinner: Todd is at the Padre game tonight so Grandma and Grandpa wanted to go to dinner. Where do we choose to eat? Frickin' IHOP. Do we order anything of nutritional value? Uh no, it's IHOP! I order him a "Rooty Jr."--a pancake with strawberries and whipped cream, sausage and a scrambled egg. Does he want his pancake? Nope! He wants my chocolate chip pancakes, of course! (So much for leading by example, eh?) Does he touch the sausage and egg? Yes...to throw them to the floor with great force. In addition to the few bites of chocolate chip pancake he ate he picked at pieces of my Dad's hash brown and my Mom's toast. (Strike 3 for Mommy, home run for Baby!)

Lord, I thank You that Your mercies are new every morning! I confess that I won't commit "culinary abuse" tomorrow! May we feast on Your Word!

1 comment:

Dawn Coleman said...

As Jake sometimes says about our own kids... "Does he have a parasite???" hehehe....