Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Not So Neighborly Neighbor

We've got a doozy of a nieghbor. I have yet to meet her, or even see her, but oh man! I have HEARD her! It seems that our neighbor is an aspiring opera singer. She sings at all hours of the day, but primarily in the early evenings when she (presumably) comes home from work. I am not an opera fan, but I can appreciate opera as an art form and know that it takes immense talent to perform. However, our opera singing neighbor is NOT even remotely talented. Think Edith Bunker attempting La Boheme. I can't help but cringe.

Occassionally our opera singing neighbor practices later in the evenings. Once it was even as late as 10:30pm. Last night, however, her clock must have stopped working because she STARTED singing at 11:45! At 11:50 my royally pissed off husband was at her door. She didn't even have the decency to open it. Instead, through closed blinds (on her OPEN window!) she asked "Too loud?" in broken English and added "I sorry, I sorry, I sorry!" Yeah lady, you're gonna be sorry the next time you open your sick-sounding soprano trap at 11:45!

This is NOT how we wanted to get to know our neighbors.

No comments: