Friday, September 5, 2008

The Other Women

Todd is a political junkie and, as his wife, I have followed suit (to a lesser degree) over the years. (Never mind the fact that I have a degree in Political Science. It was a natural counterpart to my degree in History.) We have been glued to the RNC these last few days and Todd now has a new woman in his life as a result...seven year old Piper Palin. Todd can not get over how cute she is. He literally beams when she's on screen and goes on and on about her adorable-ness. (I think he thinks she's cute because she looks like me at that age...not to brag or anything!)

Last month when the Olympics were in progress, Todd's crush was sixteen year old American gymnast Shawn Johnson. He was so sad for her when she didn't win the gold medal in the all-around competition. Before she won the gold for the individual balance beam event he said "If that little cutie-pie doesn't win the gold medal I'm gonna go and buy her one!" Todd takes his crushes quite seriously!

I truly don't mind that there are "other women" in Todd's life. It just confirms to me what a protective, sweet, mushy Daddy Todd would be if we ever have a daughter. I hope we do. I love this side of my husband.

No comments: