Monday, December 15, 2008

Establishing Holiday Family Traditions

Our "prayer chain"

Now that Nolan is older and more able to understand what Christmas is about I made it a goal to begin one new tradition this year that we can carry on throughout his childhood. I found the idea in one of my favorite little magazines, Guideposts, which is filled with true-life inspiring stories that point to Christ. In the December edition of Guideposts, it was suggested to put a spin on the traditional paper chain countdown to Christmas by writing the name of a person to pray for on the inside of each link. Every morning when Nolan bounds down the stairs for breakfast he runs to our chain, points and says "Pray!" When we pray for the person on our link he flashes a big grin and shouts "Amen!" when we're finished. I love this idea...and I love that it's re-inforcing the importance of prayer in my little boy's life.

1 comment:

Sheery said...

Oh Charla! What a BEAUTIFUL idea! I do a chain with Olivia and Bailey but really like this idea! I'll try to remember it for next year!