Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Bucket List

In my "old age" I've been thinking more and more about tangible things I'd like to accomplish in my life. There are many things I'd like to witness that are out of my control (such as see my children marry and live a long and healthy life with Todd,) but here are a few things that I hope to accomplish on my own accord before I kick the proverbial bucket.

  • Visit all the US National Parks
  • Be part of a delivery team for Operation Christmas Child
  • Join a community theater group
  • Get over my fear of water and learn to swim
  • Go on an Alaskan cruise
  • Visit all 50 states
  • Travel extensively throughout Europe
  • Own a home
  • Own a horse
  • Learn to garden
  • Plan and host a family reunion for my extended family
  • See U2 in concert
  • Learn to sew
  • Try snowboarding
  • Host a foreign exchnage student
  • Run a 10K

I'm sure more things will come to me in time. But for now I want to know what's on YOUR Bucket List?

4 comments:

Gena said...

I have two extra U2 tickets for June 7th at Anaheim Stadium... Wanna come? ;)

Charla Liedahl said...

If we were closer I'd definitely say YES! It would be so fun to go with you! U2 will be here in the Bay Area later in June so we'll probably get tickets off craig's list since we missed their original sale date.

Gena said...

Darn! It WOULD be fun!! Well, maybe next winter, we can meet somewhere in between, get really brave and try snowboarding together! :)

Brianna Heldt said...

So fun to read!

Hmmm, I'd like to visit more places around the world, I think. I've been to several states, and to Ethiopia and Mexico, but that's it. Oh and I'd love to one day take a tropical vacation where I just lay on the beach and sip drinks with umbrellas in them! :)

My best friend had horses when we were kids and I used to get to ride at her house. SO fun, but of course I haven't ridden in many years. Horses are so beautiful!