Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Post In Which I Tell All

I'm just going to put it out there and let the proverbial cat out of the bag.  We're moving across country.  To Georgia.  Soon.  Todd's company has offered him a wonderful opportunity in their Southeast market and we are taking them up on it!  Although we love California--it truly is home to both of us as we are both SoCal born and bred--for the last few years we've been thinking about and praying about the opportunity to carve out a "simpler" family lifestyle elsewhere.  It's no secret that California is exorbitantly expensive and leans much more to the (political) left than we are comfortable with.  It's also crowded and encourages a self-absorbed frenetic lifestyle, which we prefer out kids not fall prey to.  God opened a door and we are excitedly walking through it although we will certainly dearly miss our California friends and family.

So last week, over the course of four days, Todd and I flew to Atlanta and bought a home.  Our first home.  Our dream home.  The boys are thrilled to have a huge yard to play in, a playroom just for their stuff, a "safari room" for Nolan, and an "airplane room" for Soren.  Todd and I will each have our own offices.  There's a large guest suite and a gourmet kitchen to boot.  And land that backs up to a forest and a creek.    And a basement.  Deep breath...there's going to be a lot to clean!  In California four homes would fit on our lot...and they would cost four times the price.  It's crazy crazy crazy.  We are blessed blessed blessed.

Our home is currently under construction and won't be ready til the end of September, yet the movers are coming in 12 days.  The kids and I will stay with my parents in SoCal until the house is complete.  Todd will move in to corporate housing and start his job in early August.  We'll be together for only a weekend or two over the course of the next couple of months, which will be unbelievably difficult, but we know that what we've mapped out is best for our family in the long run.

So, will you pray for us?  We really need it and would greatly appreciate your prayers in this wild season of our lives.  We are overwhelmed with God's abundant favor and pray that we'd be good stewards of what He has put in our hands.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

wow! what an adventure! excited for you and your family as you embark on this new chapter of your lives. thinking of you, hoping everything goes smoothly!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Wow, that is such big news. I am so excited for you. I will be praying for a smooth transition. We dream of doing the same thing. I can't wait to hear more about it. Best wishes and God bless!

Ingrid @ thesunnyside.me said...

i am SO excited for what God has for your family! john and i can't stop talking about moving - for all the same reasons you've just mentioned in your post. i've even started a link on my pinterest account for when we do move out of CA. i just met some dear friends who just moved from georgia to SoCal - they miss home SO much and say enough about what a wonderful place it is. your house sounds absolutely wonderful! - please post images when you get settled in! the time will fly by this summer - please count on my prayers for you and your family! i am SO happy for you!!!!!

The Dadej Family said...

Girl- you and your family are in my prayers.

I think this is so exciting! I am so proud of you for doing something so bold, fun, exiting and justkindacrazy. I know you guys will love it. Congrats on your dream home too!

I can't wait to see how God unfolds this all for you. However that may be- I know He has awesome plans.

Emily said...

Hi! I have followed your blog for awhile (I have a special needs daughter and that is what drew me to your blog originally) and wanted to say "Congratulations" on your big move! We have lived in GA for 5 yrs. (about 1 1/2 hrs. south of ATL) We are getting ready to move to OH to be closer to family, but wanted to tell you how much I think you will love ATL. First of all, most Southerners, as I am sure you will find out, are SO warm and welcoming. You will have your pick of a lot of wonderful churches to attend, and more choices of activities than you could imagine. It will take you a LONG time to see/do everything there is to do in ATL. God bless your family as you make this big transition and my prayers for you will be to settle in quickly, find a great church, and meet wonderful people, very SOON!