The link on the right side of my blog, "Pray For Ethan" needs to be updated. If you have ever clicked on this link you most likely would have fallen in love with a very special little boy, just as I have. Ethan Powell was a sweet gift from the Lord that, unfortunately, battled leukemia. As of last Saturday morning, April 5, his sixteen month birthday, Ethan's fight is over and I'm sure he is now running, playing and giggling with Jesus.
Ethan's fight against leukemia was valiant. He was such a little warrior. Millions of people all over the world heard his story and prayed that a miracle would take place and that his life would be spared. But God, in His wisdom and understanding that is far above ours, decided He wanted Ethan with Him. Despite the prayers of many, Ethan was not healed here on this earth, but he certainly is healed now in heaven. His parents, Ben and Becky, have such amazing faith. They never for one second thought that Ethan would not be healed. Up until the moment Ethan took his final breath they knew that God could miraculously heal their little boy. Although God chose not to heal Ethan in the physical sense, Ben and Becky wholeheartedly believe in God's plan for Ethan and trust that Ethan's life was not in vain. They harbor no anger and they have not lost their faith even though they, no doubt, ask "Why Ethan, Lord?"
Nolan and Ethan could have been buds. I can just imagine them playing ball together or climbing like monkeys on the playground. If Nolan were the one who was sick and died, I have to wonder if my faith would remain steadfast. Would I pass this test of faith? Would my soul be shaken and my faith falter? Would I accept God's soveriegn will graciously or would I lash out, shake my fists in His face and curse Him? How I pray I am never so tested!
So now I am compelled to pray for Ben and Becky. Their lives will never be the same without their precious Ethan. I will most likely never meet the Powell's on this side of eternity, but I will certainly look for them to let them know I love them in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment