Trust me, if you are female you HAVE to see this movie! It's too much fun and will have you humming ABBA tunes for days. I don't get to the movie theater very often, but this week my friend Valerie from San Diego was here for a visit and we were able to swing a girl's night out. (Thanks, Todd!)
Tomorrow afternoon I am going to see a production of Les Miserables at the local youth theater. I've seen Les Mis three times, read the book four times and practically know the musical score by heart. Needless to say, I am a proud Les Mis junkie and have literally dreamt about what it would be like to play the part of Eponine on Broadway. (OK...back to reality!) However, I am quite curious as to how a musical adaptation "for kids by kids" will re-tell this story considering that one of the main characters is a prostitute. Should be interesting!
I didn't even bother to ask if Todd would like to attend the show with me tomorrow because 1) I knew he'd say no (he's "endured" Les Mis before,) and 2) Nolan needs parental supervision. Todd's simply not the musical type and that's totally fine with me. I do give him kudos, though, because when we were dating he saw Chicago with me. His response when I asked if he liked it? "It was great except for all the singing and dancing!"
To each his own!
No comments:
Post a Comment