Not the San Diego Zoo, (as the 80's song suggests,) but the Oakland Zoo! Nolan and I spent all morning at the zoo with our friends Jen and Caleb. We had such a fun time despite the fact that it was 100 degrees!. Nolan is very "into" animals these days. Although he'd been to the San Diego Zoo quite a few times when we lived down south and had passes, this was Nolan's first zoo trip that actually "impacted" him. We had been talking about going to see the animals all week and this morning when I got him out of bed I said "We get to see the animals today!" and he was ecstatic. I quite likely deflated some of that excitement when we stopped at Starbucks on the way there. The poor kid asked the entire time we were at Starbucks where the animals were. Oops!
Of course nothing compares to the "World Famous San Diego Zoo," but I was actually quite impressed with the Oakland Zoo. Since it was smaller you felt closer to the animals as you visited each habitat. Nolan's favorites were the "efints," "algators," "mukeys," "raffs" and goats. He squealed with delight petting the goats and brushing their fur. He also found it simply hilarious to try to cover them up with hay. We'll definitely visit the zoo again soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment