…so here’s my two cents worth, if anyone cares to hear it.
Yesterday was a historic day regardless of my own personal politics. In the light of Obama’s victory our country has been ushered into a new, unprecedented era where I am more proud than ever to be an American. Less than fifty years ago this country could not stomach the idea of an African American in the Oval Office. Yesterday the people of our country elected the first African American President and I feel so privileged that I have lived to see this day come.
I did not vote for Obama. He and I do not see eye to eye on many issues--most notably abortion, ANWR, and the “redistribution of wealth.” I could not give him my support when there was another candidate who I was more politically aligned with. However, I will give him my support now that he is going to be my President. I will pray for him and I will trust that God has him in office for reasons that I can not understand. God’s plan is perfect. Obama is not and neither am I, but God is. I find peace in Him.
Many Christians are running scared right now. Truthfully, there’s a part of me that is fearful, as well. Will we become the Socialist States of America? What about Obama’s prior “relationships” with “questionable” people? There are many unknowns that can cause fear and trembling, but I refuse to give in to that fear. Our country is the greatest country on earth and I have been blessed to be born here and live here. God, in His sovereignty, could have chosen that I live in Haiti, Sudan, Rwanda…the list could go on and on.. If that were the case I would have to literally fear for my life every day. But I don’t. I am safe with a roof over my head and food on my table. I am healthy. I am alive!
These next four years will be like no other this country has ever known. I am grateful that I can experience them here, in the United States of America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.
2 comments:
Very well written. I tried to write a post on my blog about it last night as my mind was reeling over the results, but stumbled. Now I know I couldn't say it better. DITTO.
Gena
Very well said!
Post a Comment