Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

It's a cold, dreary morning here in the Bay Area but my home and my heart are warm and full. As I ponder my many blessings I am overwhelmed by God's goodness to me.

I am grateful for my husband and child, their love for me and their love for each other. I am grateful for our extended family and the support we receive from them.

I am grateful for the roof over my head, the food on my table and the clothes on my back.

I am grateful for good health for myself and those I love.

I am grateful for the freedom to worship God openly and the minimal persecution I face here in America. I am grateful for our government, as imperfect as it may be.

I am grateful for dear friends who know me and love me.

I am grateful for my salvation and my freindship with Jesus.

There are many people in our country this Thanksgiving who have recently lost their homes due to fire or financial troubles, lost loved ones to illness or accident...many who have simply lost hope. This Thanksgiving I pray that those of us who have more would share with those who have less so we may all count our blessings.

No comments: