Friday, July 9, 2010

Random

Oh my! Julie over at Joy's Hope referenced me in her post today. Because I called her random! She totally is and I LOVE it...but I am a wee bit embarassed. Eeks!

Speaking of random...I was just perusing my 2010 Reading List over on the sidebar and I realized that none of the books I have read this year are remotely alike. I have eclectic taste in what I read, however I can assure you that I will NOT be adding Twilight or any other vampire-ish tomes to my list. It is a bit ironic, however, that I have two Anne Rice novels on my bedside table at the moment.

You know Anne Rice. She's the gal that first started the vampire craze way back when with her Interview With A Vampire and such. But get this! She once was agnostic or atheist--I'm not sure which--but has recently returned to the Catholic faith she was raised with. And she has written two volumes of historical fiction based on Jesus' life: Christ The Lord, Out Of Egypt and Christ The Lord, The Road To Cana. I'm excited to dive into them, but first I need to finish The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory (oh how I love a good Tudor family intrigue!) and The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo by Steig Larsson for book club.

We're headed out on vacation this weekend and I am looking forward to reading poolside. I read pretty fast so I should sail through my current reads and would love your recommendations for further reading. What's on your bedside table or in your beach bag this summer?

No comments: