Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten Tidbits On Tuesday

Just a few little thoughts...

  1. Nolan has been SO hyper lately.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where it's stemming from.  Maybe he realizes that his birthday is next week.  Or maybe...I dunno.  It's driving me bonkers!
  2. Soren is into EVERYTHING these days.  Nolan never got into cabinets and such, but Soren...oh my word!  For some reason he really likes my hair do-dad drawer and even tries to put some of the do-dads on his head.  Don't tell Todd!
  3. Todd turned the big 3-5 on Sunday.  We didn't do anything big to celebrate except for make an awesome dinner together.  Tri tip, homemade mac and cheese, and Millionaire's Delight for dessert.  If you've never had Millionaire's Delight you haven't lived.  It's my Mom's signature dish, and it's THAT GOOD!
  4. I have decided to give running a try.  I haven't run consistently since high school when I was on the track team but I am pretty proud of myself for running the last 8 out of 10 days.  Granted, I haven't run very far but I am hoping to work my way up to about an hour's worth of running by the end of the year.  I am NOT athletic in any sense of the word and my motivation for running track in high school was the cute boy factor.  However, track was my second (but only "real") choice for cute boys.  All the super hot guys were on the water polo team but I can't swim (unless you call doggie paddling swimming) so I couldn't join the swim or water polo teams.  Oh my...the things we do for guys when we're young!
  5. I just finished a great book--"Totally Desperate Mom" by Wendy Hagen.  Wendy goes to my church and has spoken to our MOPS group a few times and she's as real and down to earth as it gets when talking about "life in the motherhood."  I'm usually not all that impressed with motherhood books but this one is worth the read.  You can proceed to Amazon.com now and I won't feel neglected.
  6. I'm so ready for fall.  I can't wait for the first rain where I can wear my new cheetah print rainboots!
  7. I'm also dying to go to Disneyland.  We haven't been since last November and it seems like forever ago.  As soon as Soren's walking we'll be making a trip south to visit the Mouse.  Can't wait!
  8. I'm also anxious for fall TV!  Glee, Modern Family, Parenthood, The Big Bang Theory and more!
  9. Speaking of TV, I'm currently watching the first season of "The Tudors" on Netflix.  So good!  What a hot mess Henry VIII and his whole group is!
  10. The Petty's from San Diego are coming to visit us this weekend and so are my parents!  Yeah for friends and family!

No comments: