Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Of This, A Little Of That

I've been a slacker blogger this month, so I will update quickly and succinctly for your reading benefit:


  • Soren started therapy a couple of weeks ago and is doing well.  He's excited to go and happy when he's there.  He doesn't like to be contained in a chair for circle time or snack, but luckily those two components are short.  I've also been working with him at home. I wish I could be more intensive with him but life goes on around us and there's only so much I can do.  We're all trying, though.
  • Right before Christmas Todd was diagnosed with diabetes so our lifestyle has changed dramatically in the past month.  We are both exercising a minimum of 5 times a week, eating much healthier than we ever were, and we are both losing weight.  We have been in dire need of a change for awhile.  Diabetes is the kick in the pants we needed, and Todd and I agree that this disease is really a blessing in disguise.
  • Nolan is in the process of being re-assessed at school.  I'm thrilled that he's making progress but I'm very hesitant to move him to a less restrictive program because he's doing so well where he's at.  He also has gained a lot of vocabulary in the past few months, but much of it is used in an improper context.  This alone makes me think he should stay put...but I suppose there's nothing to discuss with the team until the assessment is complete.
  • Both the boys have been sick this last week.  Nolan's back at school although he's still coughing, and Soren is a snotty coughing mess.  When will cold season be over?
  • We were supposed to go to Tahoe this weekend but Todd's meetings are on hold so we're staying home. I'm really bummed we aren't going because Nolan has been talking about playing in the snow forever, but since the boys are not quite well I will consider this yet another blessing in disguise.
Later, Gators.

1 comment:

The Dadej Family said...

My goodness, there is a lot going on in your life right now. I'll be praying for each of you to be healthy.