Sunday, April 24, 2011

Celebrating Easter

The boys have been excited for Easter this year.  Well, who am I kidding?  Nolan has been excited for Easter, and Soren just likes yelling "Egg, egg, egg!" what seems like a million times a day.  As much as Todd and I have tried to communicate what Easter is really about, there's only so much that their little minds can comprehend.  Eggs and candy are much more tangible than Jesus' triumph over death so it makes sense that at 4.5 and 1.5 years old, Easter is synonymous with bunnies, eggs, and candy.  In time, I pray that my boys come to a deep understanding of what Easter is truly about and embrace Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Until then, I will do my best to emphasize what is important, but let them have fun with the candy and eggs that signifies Easter to them.

Our first ever attempt to dye eggs was lots of fun!  I was a little bit nervous letting Soren in on the action because I could just picture broken eggs everywhere and dye all over my upholstery, but he did really well not touching them when I asked him not to touch!  It was a pleasant surprise!  As an additional precautionary measure I stripped them down to their skivvies so no clothes would be ruined in the process.






The boys were greeted with baskets full of treasures and new "buddies" (stuffed animals) when they woke up this morning.



We attempted to take a nice family picture before church.



Fail, fail, fail!  Is there ever anything new under the sun?

After church the boys hunted for eggs and enjoyed their chocolate bunnies.







But Easter is really about this...


what Jesus did for you and for me. 
I am saved.  Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Had to crack up at the family shots. We can never get a decent one. : ) The last shot is very powerful. Happy Easter.

Ingrid @ thesunnyside.me said...

it looks like you had a beautiful easter. the eggs turned out beautiful and your boys are just too cute for words! i agree with the comment above that the last shot is very powerful. He is Risen!!!