Todd is so good to me. He encourages me to take time for myself whenever I need it. Most often, "me time" looks like a couple of hours perusing the aisles at Barnes and Noble with a mocha in hand or getting a pedicure. Since the little people have come into the picture, Todd has made sure that I get extended time to myself from time to time...an overnight "Momcation." This last weekend I was able to do just that. Heaven, I tell you!
Saturday morning I got up at eight, as usual, with the family. By eleven I was on the road (in my hubby's Infiniti, no minivan for this "off the clock" Mommy!) to my Momcation desination,Walnut Creek, which is less than 20 miles away. Although just a short jaunt form home, Walnut Creek is a town I rarely spend time in...but love when I do. It's full of lots of my favorite shops and restaurants, so what more could I possibly want?
What did I do during my getaway, you ask? Truthfully, a whole lot of nothing...just the way I like it!
Pedicure--check!
Coffee--check!
Shopping--check!
Window shopping and dreaming--check!
Reading--check!
Dining alfresco--check!
Going to bed early--check!
Waking up on my own time--check!
When I woke up in my quiet little hotel room on Sunday morning I was missing all my guys, so they drove up and met me for lunch and then we took an impromptu family drive to Napa.
Do you get "extended me time" and if so, how do you spend it?
4 comments:
this sounds so wonderful! john's family is from menlo park/atherton and his grandparents live in walnut creek and i just love it there!!! what a dream day it sounds like you had! so happy for you. topping it off in napa sounds like heaven!
My momcation is a night away with special mommy friends in Palm Springs every May. Glad you had such a great time!
seriously....I read your list and wouldn't change a thing! what a fun idea :)
<3
it relaxed me just reading!! sounds amazing.
Post a Comment