It's my birthday, too!
Yep, 39 big ones have passed. Next year is THE big one. Eeeks! Walt Disney World...here we come!
Nolan and I made a cake last night that we'll eat tonight after dinner. I don't know if I've ever made my own birthday cake before but he really wanted to make a birthday cake with me. Cute thing!
We're not really celebrating today, which is totally fine. Tomorrow night, however, Todd and I are going out to dinner by ourselves! We never go out to dinner by ourselves unless my parents are in town and keep the boys. Yes, I'm one of "those moms" who has never hired a babysitter. I really need to get over it. My parents are the only babysitters my boys have had except for like two or three trusted girlfriends who have watched the boys for a hour or so while I go get my teeth cleaned or something equally as mundane. But tomorrow night we don't have just one babysitter we have a classroom full! Nolan's school is having a Parent's Night Out for the special ed kids and their siblings. His teachers and therapists will be there and have planned a night of crafts, pizza, games and movies for the kids. The boys don't know about it yet, but I know that Nolan will be so excited to go to school with Soren at night! And Todd and I will enjoy a quiet, slow, un-interrupted Mexican feast. And maybe a pina colada. Yes, definitely a pina colada (virgin, as I don't like the taste of alcohol whatsoever.) Happy Birthday, indeed!
It's been so nice having new readers comment on my blog lately. Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me aa bit. In honor of my 39th birthday I'm going to rattle off 39 random things about me that you "newbies" may not know. A little show and tell, if you will. If I could share virtual birthday cake with you I would, but this little list will have to do...
- I love country music.
- I am prone to belt out Reba McEntire tunes at the drop of a hat if I know I don't have an audience.
- Leave their politics out of the equation...I love me some Dixie Chicks!
- I can't go a day without reading. Books are like oxygen to me.
- I think everyone should read East of Eden by John Steinbeck at some point in their life. Best book ever (with exception of the Bible.)
- Most of the time I'd rather read than watch TV. I do enjoy the Thursday night lineup on NBC, Glee, Parenthood, and The Big Bang Theory though...and try not to miss.
- I sometimes want to have another baby. Most of the time I don't.
- I've become more of a morning person since having kids. It's nice to see their smiling faces when I wake up.
- The sound of a ticking clock drives me bonkers.
- I wear ear plugs to bed every single night.
- I still bite my nails.
- Todd and I knew each other for four years before going on our first date.
- We've been together for almost nine years now!
- I love that Todd loves my parents and thinks he won at the "in-law game."
- Since having kids my shoe size has gone from a 5.5 to a 7. My feet feel gigantic to me now.
- Nothing can make me melt into a puddle of mush more than a wink from my husband.
- I didn't do my own laundry til I was 20. I know.
- I still don't iron...ever! That is Todd's "domain."
- I love my freckles.
- I hope my boys freckle more as they get older.
- If I could live inside Disneyland I would.
- I am severely allergic to shellfish.
- The thought of sushi makes me want to hurl.
- I have a BA from UC Irvine and an MA from Denver Theological Seminary.
- Degrees don't matter much to me, though. All I've ever wanted to be was an educated housewife.
- I really really miss my friends and church in San Diego and wish we could move back there and "start over where we left off."
- I love Mexican food, especially tamales.
- My favorite healthy snack is green apple slices with peanut butter.
- My favorite not so healthy snack is dark chocolate.
- I live and die by my list making skills.
- Ephesians is my favorite book of the Bible.
- I have very nice, unique handwriting. People tell me it should be a font.
- I can't wait til my boys are older and we can do family mission trips.
- I hate sand and am terrified of the ocean. Yet I love Hawaii. Go figure.
- My ideal place to retire is in a log cabin at Lake Tahoe.
- Proof that I'm getting old: I posted this blog entry with 35 items. My brain is going south or I'm in denial that I'm really 39 or both of the above.
- I love my minvan and if that makes me uncool then so be it!
- I would love to have a rabbit for a pet but I have an aversion for animals indoors so I don't think I'll ever have one. Or a dog. Or any other animal that could feasibly come into my house.
- I don't text and I rarely answer my cell phone so if you need to get ahold of me the best way is through my home phone or email. Or just call Todd instead.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday from a fellow Dixie Chicks lovin', nail biter, didn't do laundry until college, fellow May birthday blogging friend!!! My birthday is on the 24th. Oh, and I did my teaching credential at UCI after getting my BA from Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego. I'm sure your friends in SD miss you just as much as you miss them. Have a great time enjoying your dinner with your husband.
Happy birthday!
I sometimes want another baby too but I'm pretending I don't. And oh man do I miss my church, friends and proximity to the beach in San Diego.
I love your list young lady!
Happy Birthday (one day late)! Hope you had a wonderful birthday filled with delicious mexican food! We'd be great friends if you lived closer - Your list looks much like mine. I was just listening to Dixie Chicks yesterday. Love country.
Super fun list you created....
Have a beautiful weekend!
Post a Comment