GALL BLADDER REMOVAL!"
Yep, it's a done deal. After a few months of no symptoms, my gall bladder decided to remind me that it was angry. Over the course of the last two weeks or so I had suffered four attacks that were increasingly worse. Then on Monday night the attack lasted longer than usual and was more intense than the last few. When the doctor's office opened at 8am Tuesday morning you better believe I was their very first call. My doctor told me to head to the ER and he'd meet me there. Bless him!
Thank the Lord for IV pain killers that took effect in a matter of minutes! After a few tests it was obvious that surgery needed to take place, but since my gall bladder wasn't in danger of rupturing I wasn't on the surgery schedule until the following day at noon. So I sat in bed painlessly...but ravenous! The last thing I had eaten was dinner on Monday night and I couldn't have any food or even water until after the surgery. Ugh!
Gratefully, Todd was in town for this whole ordeal. He was here for the weekend and due to fly back to Atlanta Tuesday morning...but he took me to the ER instead. He stayed by my side during the whole ordeal and brought me back to my parent's house yesterday afternoon after I was discharged. I am SO GRATEFUL the timing worked out as it did. God has a plan, that's for certain! Todd's on his way to Atlanta right now and the next time I see him will be when I fly out to meet him to close on our house in 13 days! I can't wait!
The surgeon said my gall bladder was riddled with infection and filled with gall stones that were too numerous to count. Ick!
But it's over, I'm healing, and hopeful that the coming days will be happy and healthy again.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. I'm glad the surgery went well. Praying for a speedy recovery!
i'm so sorry i never posted anything - i want you to know that i've been praying for you. i hope that you're feeling better. i'm so glad your husband was there to help. you mentioned that it's your sons birthday party today...i hope it's wonderful . i really wish you were at blog sugar. i'm still home trying to build up enough courage to go. why am i going to a blog conference when i just have a small little blog that a hand full follow - this is the lie that keeps running through my head. but really...all these girls blogs started small :). and i'm going to learn how to be more authentic and share my story. anyways - i wish you were going so i'd be able to sit with you!
Post a Comment