Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh, What Love!



Last night I spent some quiet moments decorating the house for Valentine's Day.  I know, it's a bit ridiculous, but I'm so enjoying having a home that's truly mine to decorate.  So when it comes to superfluous holidays I'm probably going to decorate the heck out of them for a while...just because I can.

As I crafted the banner above for my mantel it hit me like a ton of bricks.  GOD IS LOVE and apart from Him there is no pure love anywhere else in this world.  God's love is deeper than the deepest sea, higher than the tallest mountain, wider than the expanse of the heavens.  And God's love is for ME.  I am His daughter and He loves me fiercely and passionately, through and through.  There is no beginning or end to this love because He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.  My little brain can't take it all in.

And all God desires of me is to simply love Him back.  I can love Him in my unspoken prayers, I can love Him by honoring my husband, I can love Him by caring for my children, I can love Him by obeying His Word.

Thank You, dear LORD, for the simplicity of this amazingly complex love You lavish upon me.  May I love You well, as I strive to love others the way You love.


1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Beautiful words and beautiful banner. : )