Friday, January 6, 2012

Year In Review

I saw this "interview" on another blog and thought it would make me reflect on the past year.  So, here goes...

1.What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Exercised consistently for 6 months...and liked it!  Met my birth mom and sister!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did relatively well with my resolutions...but there's always room for improvement!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No immediate or extended family members, but a few friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.  I truly worried I could have lost both of my parents, but that didn't happen.
5. What countries did you visit?
None.  Sigh!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More discipline amidst the chaos of raising two little boys.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Moving to Georgia takes the cake.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Todd and I purchased our first home.  We've been dreaming of this and praying for this since getting married, so this was HUGE!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Using profanity with my kids on one specific occasion.  I'll never forget it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um yeah...cursed gallbladder!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our home!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Our home!
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our home!  (Hmm...I'm sensing a theme here!)
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
This is a hard one.  I can't say any particular song screams "2011."
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? About the same
– thinner or fatter? Thinner by 18 pounds.
– richer or poorer? Both!  Poorer (hello, mortgage!) but richer (cost of living is much less in GA than CA.)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Eat veggies, exercise, pray, Bible Study.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat junk food, frivolous spending, worrying. 
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a mellow Christmas at home this year, just the four of us.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Tough question since I love to read!  I really enjoyed and was inspired by "Same Kind of Different As Me" and was challenged to live "out of the box" more than I ever have.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Brad Paisley.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Help.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I seriously don't remember what I did for my birthday so it couldn't have been all that spectacular.  I turned 39. 
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being more patient and intentional with my husband and kids would have made the year more satisfying.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Adventurous--I tried skinny jeans for the first time this year after swearing them off beforehand.  I like them...alot!
26. What kept you sane?
Other people's prayers on my behalf.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Tell people you love them, and often.
You might also like:

No comments: