Sunday, February 17, 2008
Big Day For Baby!
Nolan is FINALLY cutting his first tooth! Most 16.5 month olds already have a mouth full of pearly whites, but not our Nolan! Whenever he seems excessively drooly or more cranky than usual Todd and I have facetiously joked with each other "Oh, he must be teething!" knowing full well that there was not a tooth, nary a swollen gum, in sight. We resolved ourselves to the possibility that our child would soon be the recipient of "baby dentures" and bemoaned the thought that dental insurance surely wouldn't cover such an extravagance. But this afternoon, when Nolan was splashing around in the bathtub, I saw the smallest shimmer of something white. At first I assumed it was leftover cottage cheese from lunch...but it was a tiny tooth bud! I just about fell into the tub in disbelief! There's really nothing yet to take a picture of, but once this tooth fully comes in I will proudly share the evidence of this milestone with the world. It's been a long time in coming! I'm off to get the orajel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
great news!!
Yay! Nolan got a tooth! I haven't been on your blog in forever but I'm finally rebuilding all my links that I lost in the move (Stupid us)
Post a Comment