Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Good Hair Day

Nolan was born with tons of thick, black hair. He had so much hair at birth that it took the nurse in the delivery room three washings to get the "gunk" out. Although his hair is nowhere near black now, it's still thick and unruly, much like his Daddy's. In the morning Todd and Nolan look like Daddy and Baby Porcupine. It's actually quite endearing and is just one of their many similarities that I adore.

Since Nolan has so much hair he is no stranger to haircuts. His first was at four months and it was beyond traumatic for him. I seriously think he'll have "flashbacks" someday of his "horrible childhood" with crazy people coming at him with clippers. Anyhow, Nolan has probably had eight more haircuts since his first and the soundtrack for all of them is torturous screaming and crying. Until today!

At twenty-one and a half months Nolan finally had a tear free, positive experience! I don't know if I should chalk it up to his age, the fact that he understands more of what is going on around him, or just a darn good stylist, but Nolan was actually excited for his haircut! He climbed right up into the little Jeep "chair" and looked at himself in the mirror as the smock went on. I beamed with pride but now feel like the worst Mommy on the block because I didn't have my camera with me to document this milestone in his life. Oh well! Hopefully today was the first of many "good hair days" for little Noles.

No comments: