We had a great getaway to Squaw Valley, home to the 1960 winter Olympics. As this was a business trip for Todd, he wasn't able to have as much free time as Nolan and I did. The majority of the time that the three of us were able to spend together was in the pool. Nolan was ga-ga about the water slide and couldn't get enough of it. Every time he reached the bottom he'd shout "Gin!" (translation: "again." For the record, my child is not a juvenile alcoholic!) One afternoon Nolan and some friends and I took the cable car up to High Camp above Squaw Valley. Unfortunately, the view from the top was rather unspectacular due to the smoke and haze from nearby fires. We also drove to the South Shore of the Lake and visited my "home away from home" in the summer of 1992.
Todd flew out this morning for Seattle and Nolan and I will join him on Thursday. We will spend the weekend with Liedahl family and friends, many of whom we haven't seen in four years. This will be my first time flying alone with the little guy and I am a tad bit nervous. Prayers are appreciated!








No comments:
Post a Comment