I was really hoping we'd bypass it, but it came nonetheless. Nolan has always been sweet and very agreeable but in the past couple of weeks he has exerted his will like never before. If I had a quarter for every time he yelled "NO!" at me today I'd be able to fill up my gas tank. In today's economy that's a lot of no's! Truthfully, it catches me off guard. I don't expect my cuddly baby to be so passionate about what he wants and doesn't want. When he's especially belligerent Nolan lets his no's be known with body language as well. He practically stages a sit-in and plants his little tushie right on the ground in defiant opposition to my parental authority. And it's just not cute. It's annoying and it makes my blood boil. There, I said it! I am definitely not the most tolerant mommy in town.
Now that I've publicly decried my child, "mommy guilt" is kickin' in and I probably ought to even out the scales a bit. In the midst of the "NO!" season, Nolan is still a kick in the pants and laugh out loud funny. We were in Seattle at Todd's step mom's house this last wekeend and he followed Oliver the cat around for four days straight, meowing at the top of his lungs. He loves that cat (even minutes after Oliver stratched his face in four different places!) and talked about "cat" on the plane ride home. For the record, we are not getting a cat. The meows would be even more unberarable than the no's.
No comments:
Post a Comment