Life as we know it at the Liedahl home has gone to the dogs. Nolan’s obsession with all things canine is astounding. I think he may actually be part canine because he certainly has sharp hearing and can detect a barking dog from what seems to be blocks away. The park we were at this morning has lots of meandering trails which means lots of dog owners walking their dogs on said trails. The 135 pound Newfoundland especially caught Nolan’s eye. I heard “Big doggie!” and he was off and running…to Newfoundland.
This was no ordinary Newfoundland, however. The owner was quick to tell us that her dog, Angelina Jolie, was headed to the Westminster dog show next week and is currently number one in her class…whatever that means. This dog was absolutely gorgeous. She had a thick, shiny black coat that was as soft as mink and a head that was as big as a basketball. Especially cute…her tongue and tail wagged simultaneously! Best of all she liked Nolan and the owner allowed her to play with him…just a little bit. And I can now say that I’ve met Angelina Jolie!
But Nolan’s very favorite dog belongs to our next door neighbor’s landscaper. Our neighbor is having a beautiful patio put in…complete with fountain and firepit. It will, no doubt, look spectacular when it’s finished. Jeff, the landscaper, has been at Sally’s house almost daily for the last couple of months and he brings his Australian Shepherd, Blue, with him every day. Nolan is obsessed with Blue. He talks about him all day every day and whines, begs and cries to go outside and play with the doggie practically every five minutes. He loves this dog with a “little boy and his trusty dog” love and Blue isn’t even ours.
We go out to play with Blue every day but I feel terribly guilty doing so! Every time Nolan comes barreling toward Blue Jeff is forced to stop his work for like 20 minutes. Nolan and Blue play together really well and I’m actually getting to know Jeff pretty well myself. The patio’s got a long way to go before it’s complete so Nolan will get plenty more “Blue time” in. Then maybe, just maybe, I’ll get my little boy back, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment