Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mr. Potato Head And Grandpa

Nolan received a set of five Mr. Potato Heads for Christmas which he hasn't shown much interest in until this week. This week he pulled them all out and dumped the 372 million pieces on the stairway landing...but he did not want to actually build the potato heads. Instead, he wanted us to "wear" their eyes, noses, glasses, hats and other accessories. When he was playing with the largest potato head's enormous moustache, I exclaimed "Nolan, you look just like Grandpa!" My Dad's moustache and beard are frequent "play toys" for Nolan and he thinks the prickles are downright hilarious.

At the mention of Grandpa Nolan flung the potato stuff to the side and excitedly yelled "Go Papa's house!" I tried to explain that Grandpa and Grandma live a long way away and we couldn't go to their house today, but sometime soon. Then he ran to the garage door and started yelling "Go Papa Mama! Go Papa Mama!"

Oh, how I wish my parents weren't so far away! They are most assuredly Nolan's favorite people...and he's theirs.

No comments: