Nolan's very favorite dog, Blue, passed away on Monday. This sweet, playful Australian Shepherd belonged to our neighbor's landscaper and has been an almost daily part of our lives for the past few months. Blue was 13 years old and in relatively good health when we met him but he developed a bad case of pneumonia and his arthritis became terribly fierce in the last month or so. Sadly, he wasn't able to bounce back and is now in a happier place. When Jeff, the landscaper, didn't bring him to work last week we knew things were coming to a close. I had hoped to snap a picture of Nolan and Blue before he passed, but there was no opportunity. Nolan has been asking about Blue incessantly and wonders why Jeff is around and Blue is not. There's not much to say to a two and a half year old to explain death, I'm learning. So I have left it at "Blue went bye-bye and he's happy now."
Jeff is getting an eight week old puppy this wekeend who we'll get to meet next week. I'm excited for Nolan to make a new friend, but sad he's already, at his tender age, lost one.
Stay tuned for pictures of Nolan and his new canine buddy...
1 comment:
Oh, that's so hard! He's so young, but once he sees that new puppy, it'll all be okay! I worry about when that time comes with our dog. Kevin tells me all the time how he is "Kevin's dog!" But then, I think I'll be crying for about a month when our dog dies, so I won't be much help!
Post a Comment