I'm just now coming to terms with my my New Year's resolutions. Better late than never, right? There are so many areas of my life that need attention, but I refuse to get bogged down by the sheer magnitude of working on every little thing at once, so I have decided to make generalized resolutions in order to not become overwhelmed by too many details. It's so easy to get stuck "under the pile" of minutiae and then nothing gets accomplished. So although these New Year's resolutions are "fashionably late" they are still going to be taken seriously. Here goes...
Spiritually Study God's Word, don't just read it. Pray fervently and specifically for my children and my husband every day. Practice the spiritual discipline of celebration by keeping a gratitude journal.
Physically Move! Get on that elliptical! Put more miles on the jogging stroller! Make healthy food choices and stop "rationalizing" treats because I "deserve" them. I deserve to be healthy!
Financially Better distinguish between needs and wants. Apply the concept of delayed gratification. Refuse to use credit and say "NO!" to debt.
Relationally Be a better friend. Listen with my heart and respond with my hands. Seek out new friendships instead of "being content" that my "friendship quota" is full. Don't hesitate to truly invest in people and allow them to invest in me. Be more transparent. Ask for help when I need it, and accept it graciously. Get down on the floor and play with my kids without worrying that my "to do" list isn't finished. Give more of my "me time" to my husband.
Hey 2010! Ready or not...here I come!
3 comments:
Oooo, I'm more inspired than ever after reading your post. You have such a way with words!! Happy New Year, my friend!!
Okay so the name of your blog caught my eye because my mom's maiden name is Liedahl! So maybe we're related somehow. :) (She grew up in Anaheim, CA and her dad is Richard Liedahl.)
You have a beautiful family!!! Hopefully this wasn't too terribly stalker-ish! :)
Good goals!! :-)
Post a Comment