You should too! They're delish and a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies!
Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1/2 c. unsalted butter at room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1 c. mashed bananas (about 2 1/2 large bananas)
1 t. baking soda
2 c. flour
pinch of salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. mace
3/4 c. pecans
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar in mixer til light and fluffy. Add egg and beat til fluffy. In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the baking soda. Let stand for 2 minutes. (The baking soda reacts with the bananas to make the cookies light and fluffy.) Combine the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt and spices. Sift into the butter and banana mixture til just combined. Add pecans and chocolate chips. Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes til golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 30 cookies.
1 comment:
There you go with those baking recipes again.... You know I'm going to have to try it! Good thing I'm being really consistent with getting out for a run or I'd have to pretend I don't like you. ;) Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment