And much more enjoyable.
Today started off on the wrong side of the tracks. I had a fitful night's sleep due to allergies that kept me sneezing and rubbing my swollen eyes for most of the night. At about 4:30 I succumbed to the peace that only Benadryl can bring, but it was short lived due to a short person (who shall remain nameless) who routinely gives me a 6:30am wake up call. In a haze I stumbled out of bed stuffed up like a Thanksgiving turkey and fed my hungry babe. Then I laid on the couch with said babe in my arms, turned on the ever-blessed Nemo, and drifted til 7:15 when another short person demanded waffles. Waffles were made and consumed and this taller short person played happily until it was time to get ready for school.
Nolan hates Tuesdays because he doesn't get to ride the bus in the morning. His bus driver Teri has high schoolers to transport on Tuesday in addition to her preschool crowd so she would have to pick Nolan up at 8am instead of 8:50. To have Nolan ready for pick up by 8am would require a supernatural act so I drive him to school in the car on Tuesday mornings. He HATES this. He cries, doesn't want to get dressed, won't open his mouth to brush his teeth, demands Miss Teri and shuns me. He is just a general pain in the you-know-what on Tuesday mornings. This morning was especially painful since my normally delightful Soren decided to throw a tantrum at the same time.
Mommy is sick. Mommy has had about 3 hours of sleep. Mommy is hormonal. Mommy yelled alot. Mommy was physically forceful with the taller short person and scared him. Mommy went a bit Mommy Dearest this morning.
After dropping Nolan off at school (where I profusely apologized to him for not being a very good Mommy) I came home and napped when Soren napped. A bit of sleep can work wonders. It was good. Very good. It helped clear my thoughts and pushed me to begin thinking rationally again and got me out of Mommy Dearest mode. But my mind churned all day about how I had wounded my child's spirit. My sweet little boy who has trouble processing change. How can I fix this awful thing that I've done?
After school we came home and baked cookies and it was as if the bad day just melted into ooey gooey chocolate deliciousness. Cookies have magical power in my house. They can assuage the guilt, make my little one smile like nothing else, and send love straight from the heart to the tummy. Much cheaper...and better...than therapy.
1 comment:
This post made me smile because I've certainly had my share of days like that. Hugs!!
Post a Comment