My Mom and Dad left this morning to drive back home. They stayed with us for a week and we were so glad to have them visit us! Nolan loves spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa and I love watching him interact with them. (For the record, I love spending time with them, too!) We didn't do much that could be considered "out of the ordinary." Mom and Dad basically joined us for a normal week. They were able to observe Nolan's gymnastics class, play with him at the park, and watch him enjoy the cute "Toddler Town" activities at our neighborhood version of Chuck E. Cheese called Super Frank's Fun Adventure. And, in true grandparent style, they spoiled him with plenty of hugs, kisses, cuddles and lots of new toys and clothes, too!

While Mom and Dad were here Todd and I snuck away for the weekend to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. Neither of us had ever been to Monterey and we had such a relaxing, quiet time together. Truth be told, we both slept 12 hours both nights and took a two hour nap on Saturday, to boot! Sheer bliss!
Now we're gearing up for two back to back trips. Next Wednesday we head to Lake Tahoe for 6 days, we'll be home for less than 48 hours, and then we'll jump on a plane for a Liedahl family reunion in Seattle for 5 days. We are very much looking forward to our travels and feel blessed that Nolan, so far, has proven to be an easy little traveler!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you guys are busy travelers just like us! I have been thinking about you and missing you lately, Charla! I hope your other trip go well and we'll have to chat soon! Love, Dawn :-)
Post a Comment