It's fascinating to me that my two pregnancies have been so different from the get-go. With Nolan I had beautiful, glowing skin and instantly lush hair. This time around I look like the "before" spokesperson for Pro-Active Solution. Where has my rosy, healthy skin gone? More importantly, when will it return?
With Nolan I had hit and miss cravings. One time I bolted out of my classroom right as the kids left because I KNEW that if I didn't have Chicken McNuggets and an orange drink from McDonald's that very second perhaps I would die. This time around I have had food aversions...even chocolate sounds gross. I have actually lost a couple of pounds.
Although I have lost a bit of weight you'd never know it because my belly announces to the world that I am most certainly pregnant. I didn't "pop" til 13 weeks with Nolan. This time around, at 7 weeks there was no hiding it. I'm so glad it's winter and I can cover up the "did she eat too much at Christmas or is she pregnant?" bump with bulky sweaters. I haven't needed my maternity clothes yet, but the box is out and ready to roll.
With Nolan I had no "breast issues." Sure, they got bigger, but they never hurt like a #%*&^(!#. I've never been a bra fan, but I loathe them now. And it shouldn't hurt to take a shower!
Thankfully, I haven't experienced the dead animal in my mouth taste every evening with this pregnancy. Absolutely nothing worked to alleviate this indescribible phenomenon, so I basically sucked on Jolly Rancher candy for four hours a night for a month. For the record, I had no cavities afterward!
And it's a true miracle that I had no cavities after Nolan was born because I couldn't brush my teeth without gagging horrifically every time a toothbrush neared my mouth. Unfortunately, this symptom has remained consistent with my two pregnancies. I must admit that I have neglected to brush my teeth on many occassions unless I knew for sure that I'd be in public. Sorry, Todd.
Hopefully "this too shall pass" in a couple of weeks at the start of the second trimester. And hopefully a new set of "issues" (ie: beautiful hair, gorgeous skin, cravings for healthy food etc.) will take their place.
3 comments:
How fun to blog through your pregnancy! It will be interesting to see how those differences play out over the next several months. I found all three pregnancies were pretty much the same (so much for the wives tales about how you carry, etc), but the first trimester did have very different beginnings.
P.S. Maybe look into those Oral-B Brush-ups... You just put them on your finger to clean your teeth. Toddy might appreciate that. ;)
Oops - Not sure where "Toddy" came from...
Oh boy, you're bringing back memories! I hope you hang in there with all the symptoms and discomforts. It certainly is a long road, the whole pregnancy thing! :-) Miss you!
Post a Comment