Monday, May 12, 2008

From SoCal To NoCal

We made it! We are moved in to our new place up north and are no longer Southern Californians. All three of us are SoCal natives and I have to wonder if we'll get "flak" from the locals up here for moving north. I've heard rumors that there's a bit of distatste for SoCal "intruders" from NoCal locals, but so far the few people we've met have been nice enough. Just like anywhere there's an amalgam of people there will, no doubt, be some people who prove the rumor true and others who debunk it. We welcome all "nice Northerners" into our lives!

Once again I have to brag about my son. The kid just rocks! The entire drive up he didn't whine once! The first hour and a half he just looked out the window and talked to himself. Then he watched Baby Einstein for an hour, slept for an hour and a half, watched a bit more Einstein, and then just chilled in his carseat the rest of the way as happy as a clam. We've heard from our friends with toddlers that Nolan's car-ride behavior is abnormal and we don't dispute it for a second. Although we'll relish it while we can, we are mentally prepared for a whole different experience once he has a sibling to fight with.

Since Todd's still working down in OC this week my job is to explore our town and its surroundings. I've got the "big three" down already...Target, the grocery store and the nearest park. Nolan and I will do some more gallivanting around and find restaurants (why cook when Daddy's not home?) and, of course, more shopping. As a family we are excited to hunt for a new church and get plugged in, as we know from experience that most of our closest friendships are with fellow believers. Yeah, there's a lot on our plate these days and change is never easy, but we are excited to begin this new chapter of our lives and see what God has in store for us. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Dawn Coleman said...

We miss you already! I will be praying that everything falls into place for you guys and that you can develop a support system of friends and moms to hang out with! Love, Dawn :-)