Tuesday, May 13, 2008

If I Believed In Karma...

...I'd have to admit that it's kicking my butt right now. Apparently I need to learn a lesson about gloating (see previous post, From SoCal To NoCal.)

Nolan is a very sweet boy 99% of the time. But oh, that 1%! We ran a couple of errands this morning and when we were done with the first stop Nolan decided he didn't want to get back in the car. He started to whine. No big deal. The whining escalated as we drove to our second destination and I assumed he really really wanted out of the car so I pulled him out and sat him in his stroller as quickly as I could, snacks and sippy cup in tow. However, I didn't quite dodge the bullet.

True to form, the line at the post office was long...really long. Nolan's whining became crying. The crying became wailing. The wailing included thrashing and throwing things. Just lovely. Nolan has mini-tantrums at home but he has only had one other true tantrum in public (at the park when I wouldn't let him play in the parking lot...go figure! The boy is obsessed with cars!) I was horrified, embarrassed, and practically shaking as I tried to calm my child while simultaneously mailing a package.

So now I'm officially a member of the "Mom Club." It seems everyone has had their child "throw down" in public except for me. Until today. That karma bullet hurts.

1 comment:

Dawn Coleman said...

Hehee, what is it about post offices? I'm not kidding, Marshall HATES the post office. I have had people trade numbers with me twice just to get us out of there quicker! :-) I'm sorry for your public tantrum initiation! It gets easier to laugh and shrug it off the more it happens...
now I'm like "what folks, haven't you seen a tantrum before?"