Yesterday I turned 36. As of my next birthday I'll officially be in my "late 30's." In my mind I am a perpetually dewy 25, but my driver's license, birth certificate and crow's feet around my eyes don't agree.
My Mom always told me that my 30's would be the best years of my life. In my 20's I balked at that statement, but now that I'm in the thick of it, I completely agree. I had tons of fun and much more energy in my 20's, but I've done a lot of growing as a person in my 30's...and I'll take growth over "fun" any day of the week. I assumed I'd become a wife and mommy in my 20's, but God had other--better--plans. He always does and for that I am eternally grateful. I can only hope that as I become older I also become wiser and that the lessons I've learned in life will resonate with Nolan and any future kids God blesses us with.
In the midst of mourning "the beginning of the end" of my mid 30's, I had a great day yesterday with my boys. We drove into San Francisco and tooled around at Fisherman's Wharf. Nolan thought the sea lions who make their home near Pier 39 were absolutely hysterical. Todd and I thought Nolan was hysterical as he laughed and laughed and laughed at their "barks." There truly is nothing better than spending your birthday--or any day, for that matter--with the ones you love.
No comments:
Post a Comment